Booking Terms for Dominoes Holiday Home, Stoke Gabriel, Devon
1.THE CONTRACT for a short-term holiday rental will be between the Dominoes Owner (referred to as “I” or “me”) and the person making the booking and all members of the holiday party (referred to as “you” or “your”) in the following booking conditions. UK law will govern the Contract. The contract of hire is not effective until I have processed the deposit. The contract will be subject to these booking conditions, and must be complied with. The party leader must be at least 18 years of age at the time of booking and the booking form must list names, addresses and ages of your party.
2. PAYMENT: Bookings are CONFIRMED on receipt the deposit of 40% of the holiday cost. The deposit must be paid within 5 days of booking being placed. The balance of the rental will be due for payment TWO CALENDAR MONTHS prior to the holiday commencement date and I reserve the right to cancel a holiday where payment has not been received 2 calendar months before the commencement date. If the booking is made within 2 calendar months of the holiday start date the full rental will be required. If the booking is made within 14 days of the arrival date, full payment must be received within 24 hours of placing the booking. No entry to the property will be allowed without payment, in full, being cleared beforehand. Once you have a confirmed booking, (for clarity when you have paid the deposit), you are responsible for the full rental cost even if you subsequently cancel.
3. CANCELLATION: Cancellations must be immediately notified to me by phone or e-mail. If I am able to re-let your booking I will refund you the final letting price (which may be less than you paid) less an administration fee. If I am unable to re-let there will be no refund under any circumstances and you will still be responsible for the full rental cost.
4. CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Cancellation Insurance is not compulsory but I strongly recommend such insurance to protect against the cancellation penalty.
5. CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF THE OWNER (FORCE MAJEURE): If for any reason I have to cancel your booking in advance due to circumstances beyond my control for example fire, flood, exceptional weather conditions, epidemics, destruction/damage to the property (“force majeure“) you will be refunded the full amount of the booking. If I have to terminate your holiday early for the above reasons you will be refunded part of the booking fee based on the time remaining of the booking. No additional compensation, expenses or costs will be payable.
6.PERIOD OF HIRE: You should not arrive before 4pm on the commencement date, and leave by 10am on the day of departure. Failure to do so will result in you being charged a further day’s rental. You must not use the property except for the purpose of a holiday during the holiday period, and not for any other purpose or longer period. The agreement to stay in the property for the holiday period, does not create the relationship of Landlord and Tenant between the parties. You shall not be entitled to a new tenancy, or to any assured short hold or assured tenancy or any statutory protection under the Housing Act 1988 or other statutory security of tenure now or at the end of the Holiday Period.
7. NUMBER OF PERSONS USING THE PROPERTY: Under no circumstances may more than the maximum number of persons stated on the Dominoes web site occupy the property. I reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at Dominoes.
8. LIABILITY: Dominoes, its employees and representatives shall not be liable to you or your party for loss or damage to property howsoever arising. You must take all necessary steps to safeguard yourselves and your property.
9. CARE OF THE PROPERTY: You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the property for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or the neighbouring properties. Smoking is not allowed within the property.
10. DAMAGES & BREAKAGES: You are legally bound to reimburse me for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. If you lose a key I will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one.
11. WIFI: Wi-Fi is provided for the guest’s reasonable use. All guests agree to reasonable and lawful usage of this service.
12. RIGHT OF ENTRY: I shall be allowed the right of entry to the property at all reasonable times for purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs or maintenance.
13. COMPLAINTS: Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is requested that you contact me immediately to give me the opportunity resolve it. I value your custom and want you to return.
15. PETS: I only allow dogs, and only when have they been booked and paid for in advance. (£25 per dog, per stay). One well behaved dog is allowed (two dogs may be permitted depending on size and breed; to be notified and agreed in advance). In order to maintain Dominoes at a standard for everyone to enjoy, it is necessary that guests bringing dog(s) agree to the following conditions. Any dogs that have not been booked in may not be allowed to stay and you may need to book them into a local kennel.
Additional Terms and Condition for guests bringing their dog(s).
• On arrival please keep your dog(s) on a lead. The rear garden is fenced for dogs to be off the lead provided they are under your control. The field at the rear of the property may have livestock or wildlife, and dogs must not be allowed to access this area.
• Dogs are allowed on the sofas provided that you use the throws provided and keep the dog from contact with the soft furnishings. Dogs are allowed in the bedrooms only if they are clean and their bedding is clean. Under no circumstances are dogs allowed on beds. I can provide stair gates for the bottom and top of the staircase. I will have to levy an extra cleaning charge if they have been on the beds or on the uncovered sofas and damaged sheets will have to be paid for.
• Your dog(s) must not be left alone with free run of the property. I provide a guide of dog friendly pubs and restaurants and places to visit so that your dog can be with you as much as possible. Dog sitting may be possible to be arranged in advance of your stay.
• I regret that dogs that bark continuously are not allowed at Dominoes, which is in a quiet residential area.
• When you bring a muddy dog back from a walk, please clean him/her off using the outside tap (there is one at both the front and rear of the property). Please on no account use the white towels provided for the bathrooms.
• Poop patrol! When you take your dogs for a walk, please pick up after your dog(s) including in Byter Mill Lane (there are signs along the lane and dog waste bins). Please dispose of poops responsibly.
• If you have a puppy please take extra care; I can provide a cage if required.
• The Countryside Code must be followed so please keep your dog(s) under close control at all times for their own safety as well as the comfort of others.
• Please give the house a basic clean, and remove as much of the dog hair as possible; if properties require serious additional cleaning I will have to charge a £50 fee to cover the cost.